Hypnotherapy for weight loss
Heather offers two main approaches to weight management. The first is a specialised 5-week weight management programme using a combination of hypnotherapy, NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy). The second approach is HypnoBand™ gastric band hypnosis. Both approaches are very effective and look at the issues surrounding your eating habits and look to change any thoughts or beliefs that are unhelpful to you obtaining your goal of losing weight.
HMH Therapy’s Five-Week Weight Loss Programme
This approach involves individual sessions looking at the emotional reasons why you eat, working together to build upon motivational levels for achieving your goal. We will be looking at ways exercise can be built into your lifestyle and looking toward changing behaviours which make you over-eat or comfort eat. Weight Management is a very personal and complex problem to deal with but Heather is committed to working with each of her clients to effect positive good eating habits, good self esteem and body image. Each client Heather sees will have their own individual relationship with food and she will work with you to find the triggers that make you over-eat or comfort eat particular food. She will work on reducing your food cravings, and help you enjoy an increased amount of exercise as a natural part of your lifestyle.
Heather will spend time to support you through your weight loss programme until you feel that you can manage on your own without additional hypnotherapy support.
The programme is split into five individual sessions:
- The first session will take about 90 minutes, during which a full and comprehensive history of your eating issues will be discussed and goals will be set. This is a fact finding session only, and no hypnotherapy will be done until the next session. You will however be given a CD to listen to at home, and some homework to do before the next session.
- The second session will involve some CBT and Thought Stopping. The hypnotherapy will involve taking control over your eating and saying no to excess food.
- The third session will involve discussion on your progress, examining your food diary, and hypnotherapy to encourage eating more healthily.
- The fourth session will involve further discussion on how you have been getting on, and working on a complete weight information checklist, looking at any food cravings and dealing with these using CBT. The hypnotherapy during this session will focus on encouraging exercise and taking care of yourself, promoting a positive self image.
- The fifth session will involve comparing your food diary with the first week and looking at your goals to see how you have succeeded, before setting further goals. The hypnotherapy involves teaching you self hypnosis and focuses on healthy eating, eating smaller portions and eating slowly, and dealing with anything you are not happy with or having particular trouble with.
After each of the five sessions with our Hypnotherapist you will be given a CD to listen to at home as well as an information pack and homework assignments (such as food diaries and weighing yourself).
This is a comprehensive weight management programme and success can only be achieved if you commit to all five sessions. Each session costs £70 and to gain optimum success you should allow one week between sessions, although longer between sessions can be arranged to fit your budget and goals.
We also offer a discount of £50 off the total cost of treatment if all 5 sessions are paid for at session 1.